This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of the COVID19 coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in Puddister Group of Companies environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity. This COVID-19 company policy is susceptible to amendments with the introduction of additional governmental and public health guidelines. Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19, Puddister Group of Companies will be implementing firm rules to protect our employees, passengers, sub-contractors, clients, visitors and the general public from any unintentional exposure. The measures that we are taking to help mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID19 are mandatory for access to Puddister Group of Companies premises.
1. Puddister Group of Companies has COVID-19 signage posted around each vessel in its fleet and buildings and are to be read upon entering the premises. All employees, passengers, subcontractors, clients, visitors and the general public must follow all COVID-19 policies and precautionary measures in place by Puddister Group of Companies.
2. All employees who have travelled outside of Newfoundland and/or Canada within the past 14 days are required to self-isolate at home. This includes employees with family members that have travelled outside of the country. Self-isolation will be for a period of 14 days.
3. Essential workers in essential transportation are exempt with a screening checklist completed saying no to all three questions.
4. Anyone with the following cold symptoms: cough, runny nose, chest congestion, fever must stay home. Anyone with these conditions should contact the public health line at 811.
5. You must self-isolate if you been in close contact (within 2 meters) of a. a person with confirmed or suspect case of COVID-19; b. with a person with a fever (>38 C); or c. who has a cough and has travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days.
6. Anyone entering the vessel/facility will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening checklist. This measure is in place to protect you, our employees, the general public and your families.
Puddister Group of Companies takes the current precautionary measures being recommended by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Government of Canada and the Chief Medical Officer very seriously. For the health & safety of our employees, passengers and the general public the following additional precautionary measures will also be required:
1. Hand shaking will not be permitted.
2. Social Distancing (2 meters) shall be practiced.
3. Ferry passengers shall wait in their cars and board the vessel within a reasonable time before the departure time to limit the time onboard.
4. Any passengers travelling from out of province on our ferries shall be self-isolated in a medivac room or any other reasonable means separate from the passenger lounge. If numbers of out of province passengers are more than one a separate trip will be considered as a means to keep those self-isolating away from those who are social/physical distancing.
5. Those who are self-isolating when they arrive in their home port should go home and stay home for 14 days and check in with a local health provider.
6. All passengers are strictly forbidden to go in the wheelhouse, galley or crew quarters.
7. Enhanced hand washing and/or sanitizing procedures will be followed. Employees and passengers are to wash or sanitize their hands when entering the vessel/facility.
8. Frequent cleaning of handrails, door knobs, and other frequently touched items will be done by all employees on a strict basis.
9. Crew handling cash, credit/debit cards should wear disposable gloves.
10. Crew are to disinfect credit/debit machines after each use.
Puddister Group of Companies reserves the right to rapidly amend the aforementioned policies in the event of any changes to Federal or Provincial COVID-19 updates or to further protect its employees. Any changes to this policy will be posted in all areas for maximum distribution.
_____________________ Signature Date Gerry Puddister March 25, 2020
The safety and health of our employees, passengers, sub-contractors, clients, visitors and the general public are of our top priority. During this time of the global pandemic regarding the health effects of the COVID-19 coronavirus, we are requiring all non-employee visitors of Puddister Group of Companies vessels and/or buildings to complete and sign the following questionnaire. This is an active screening for potential risks of COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone.
Have you travelled outside the province within the last 14 days? (Self-isolation for 14 days after international and domestic travel, without the presence of COVID-19 symptoms, is mandatory by law)
To the best of your knowledge, have you been in contact with anyone who is suspected to potentially have, or has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever/feverish, cough or difficulty breathing? (Individuals who have been sick with a fever, cough or respiratory distress must not enter the premises until they are free of fever without the use of medication, and other symptoms for at least 24 hours.)
If you answer YES to any of the screening questions above, or refuse to answer you are not permitted to enter the vessel/facility without further permission of our vessel/facility management and must contact public health (811) as soon as possible if symptoms are present.
1. The recommendations from Health Canada and the Newfoundland Labrador Chief Medical Officer regarding social distancing and avoiding close and physical contact.
2. Following good respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue, or using your elbow, not your hands, when you cough or sneeze.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water often, lather for 20 seconds and use hot water. Where soap and water are not available, use sanitizer if it is available
Copyright © 2022 Puddister Trading Co Ltd - All Rights Reserved.
Designed by Atlantic Electronics Ltd.